The Employer and the Program will continuously work together to facilitate Student’s performance and wellbeing at the workplace. In the event of any concerns, the protocol below will be followed:
- The party learning of the concern will immediately notify the other parties.
- Any such concern will be dealt with by the Employer or the Program (as applicable) in accordance with the applicable policies, regulations, and procedures.
- The parties will collaborate to develop a solution in a timely manner. Wherever possible, the wellbeing of the Student will be paramount and the removal of the Student from their work term will be used as a last resort. If the Student wishes to inquire or appeal the recommendation or decision, they can discuss the matter with the Program.
- In developing a solution, the Parties will endeavour to apply the appropriate principles, i.e., employment issues will be generally determined in accordance with the Employer’s policies, and academic issues will be generally determined in accordance with the University’s policies, adapted as required to support the unique nature of the Program.
- If the Student has a complaint of a non-academic nature relating to their workplace, such a complaint shall be referred to the Employer.
For greater clarity, York University’s involvement in crafting a solution will be for the purpose of ensuring the fair and equitable treatment of the Student and ensuring the efficient administration of its relationship with the Employer but will not be deemed to be an admission of assumption of responsibility.